Sunday, May 18, 2008

April--could have skipped it!

Nothing personal against April but I really could have skipped it this year. It was a month of crazy stress for me, of major ups and downs, and feeling like I barely breathed. The saying when it rains it pours, definitely sounds right in describing it. So, in that case, I hope the saying April showers bring May flowers will be true.


My father for the last 4 years has been battling an injury he had with his leg. He has now had so many surgeries I have lost count, it is somewhere at at least 6. He has had an infection in that same leg that comes and goes as it pleases, playing hide and seek within his bones. During this time he has also had problems with his liver and with every surgery it has depleted its capacity to function. He has needed a transplant for the last 2 years but because of the infection, he has not been eligible for one. He finally had to make a hard decision to either continue with several more surgeries to remove the infection, causing more damage to his liver, or amputate the leg for a better chance of getting rid of the infection all at once and a better chance to be placed on the transplant list. He decided to remove the leg.

In early April my youngest Sister, Gina was in a head on collision caused by a drunk driver going the wrong way on the freeway. By a miracle of God Gina survived but sadly her friend, the passenger had died. Gina is now recovering from several broken bones and a saddened spirit. Just when you think nothing more could happen, my uncle is in the hospital for three weeks and almost dies of pneumonia and another uncle does die after returning home from hernia surgery.

Needless to say, I have had a heightened sense of paranoia and worry of anything else happening and hope the dark cloud over my family disappears quickly and quietly and pray it won't affect anyone else.

1 comment:

Jen said...

These are trying times for you and your family to say the least. Know that you are all in my thoughts and prayers and, yes, let May bring flowers!!!